A World Map
Below, you will find a blank world map.
Our Geography work this term will have two elements; mapping, and a study of North America.
On the world map below (which you will need to print), please follow the following instructions:
**There are A3 copies of the world map in the foyer at school. You are welcome to come and collect one.
1. Using 7 different colours, outline the 7 different continents. Make a key.
2. In each continent, locate and write the names of 5 different countries (you do not need to do this for Antarctica). You will have 30 countries in the end, 5 on each continent.
3. Find the name of the capital city of each country you have chosen.
4. Mark on the following oceans:
- Atlantic Ocean
- Pacific Ocean
- Indian Ocean
- Arctic Ocean
5. Mark on the 3:
- tallest mountains in the world
- longest rivers in the world
You will need to think about how to organise this on your piece of paper, as there will be a lot of information to squeeze on.
Below are some websites you might find useful.