This week you are going to find out about the famous Roman leader Julius Caesar.
Click on the link to follow the lesson.
Use the lesson and the facts below to create a fact file/poster about him.
- Julius Caesar was born on 13 July in the year 100 BC.
- His full name is Gaius Julius Caesar.
- Caesar created the Julian calendar, which is the basis for the calendar we use today!
- In 75BC he was captured by pirates.
- Caesar commanded all of Rome’s armies, and won many battles that gave more land to Rome.
- Caesar was elected consul of Rome in 59 BC, which is the highest political office you could have at that time.
- Caesar invaded Britain twice in 55 and 54 BC