In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, we have decided to make available directions and resources for children to be able to continue their learning at home. This is in the event of self-isolation or school closure, and with aim of enabling children to continue their education during this unique and challenging set of circumstances.
On each year group page, you will find details of tasks and directions set by class teachers. We will be making use of some of our online learning platforms (Times Tables Rockstars, Spelling Shed, Purple Mash) in addition to setting other tasks.
When children are at home but not experiencing any symptoms, it is expected that they will undertake the work set by teachers. If your child is poorly with symptoms of COVID-19 (or any other illness) there is not an expectation that they will complete work until they are better.
You can support us by:
- ensuring children complete the work set by teachers
- supporting children, where possible, to complete work
- encouraging children not to rush their work, but to complete it as they normally would at school
- setting sensible expectations for the duration of time spent working. This will vary according to age group and for individual children, however as a guide we would not expect our oldest children to work for more than an hour without a break.
- encouraging children to spend time outside in the garden to get fresh air
- reducing the amount of time children spend using a screen
- encouraging your child to read as often as possible, and reading with them as often as possible
Class pages will be updated weekly, and teachers will contact you using marvellousme. A contact page on each page can be used to contact teachers directly. In the event of school closures, teachers will (unless themselves experiencing a period of ill health) be working from home.
We thank you for your support and understanding as we seek to find solutions to what is, for all of us, a challenging time. We wish you all good health.