We expect children to read at home 4 times a week and record this in their reading diaries.
The ability to read is vital. It paves the way to success in school, which can build self-confidence and motivate your child to set high expectations for life.
When children read...
- Their vocabulary is larger and more extensive.
- They perform better academically.
- Their imagination can run wild.
- Their creativity skills develop.
- They develop empathy.
- They gain a deeper understanding of their world.
- Their concentration levels improve.
- The parent and child bond improves.
- Their cognitive development is supported.
- Their social skills and interaction improve.
Below are some websites which you may find useful to support reading at home: